10 Reasons Teachers Make Awesome Real Estate Agents If you weren’t aware already, I used to be an 8th grade math teacher. Last year I decided to choose a different path for my life which has currently led me to being a real estate agent. …
Manifest Your Visions Into Reality
My mental state for the past few months has been very clouded to say the least. It has become really frustrating. I used to be such a creative and motivated person. Lately though, I just have not been myself in those areas. Sure, I’m motivated for certain things such as going to the gym (generally). For other things though, it’s like I’ve had a mental block and I just can’t figure it out. Then I end up getting so discouraged with myself. It’s just counterintuitive to be any sort of productive.
So last week I watched one of Sam Ozkural’s Law of Attraction YouTube videos. She talks about how to manifest quite a bit, but this video focused around the full moon too. So I decided to whip out my little notebook I’ve been carrying lately that is somewhat like a brain dumping notebook.
Sam first says to write down 5 things you are grateful for and then 5 things you want to manifest in your life. Then, keeping those in mind you are to write out what she called “scripts”.
Now when I did this, I didn’t set it for a certain time period like a year or 5 years. I made it more like my long term vision and goals. However, I’m sure you could do this for short term goals as well.
To me writing down things I’m grateful for is pretty simple. In the past few years when I have struggled, that is the main concept I go back to – practicing gratitude. All successful people I have read about or listened to speak heavily on gratitude and it’s importance. The problem is that most people only practice gratitude when things are going well. I’ve noticed it helps to find the little pieces to be grateful for even when things are in shambles. For example, with all the sadness I have faced with the deaths at the shelter, I have found gratitude in the people around me who have been very supportive. It doesn’t make the situation better, but it provides me comfort in those weak moments.
Even simple items such as hot water in the shower, having A/C in the house, the ability to have 3 meals a day are good things to be grateful for. We often take for granted the basic items that some people lack, so I try to always humble myself by realizing that.
…an event, action, or object that clearly shows or embodies something, especially a theory or an abstract idea.
Manifestations are pretty similar to goals, but to me manifestations seem bigger than that. Just looking at the definition the word “embodies” says a lot. Sometimes we have these goals and we think that it would be nice to achieve that, but we don’t go beyond the thought of it. With a manifestation you are putting that energy out into the universe that you are set to obtain these visions. I know it sounds magical, but the Law of Attraction can sometimes come off that way. It’s not magic though, it’s all about energy. If you manifest the negative thoughts in your head on a daily basis, then that is what you will get. I’ve even personally experienced that. It’s so easy to stay in a negative mindset and manifest that. However, it takes a little more work to focus our energy on moving forward and the positive.
The important and somewhat challenging part of this is to write it as if it’s already true. Instead of saying “I want to live in this house. I want to have this career”, you would say “I live in this house and this is my career”. When I did this, I truly tried to imagine what my life would look like if I had all that I desire out of life. I even picture what my house looks like, the smells, the nostalgic feeling I have, a sense of contentment and accomplishment. A good ritual to practice as well (which Sam discusses too) is to actually turn on meditation music/nature sounds, close your eyes, and truly paint the picture with your thoughts.
According to Sam in the video, she says that during a full moon is when it is best to put out this energy due to the gravitational forces. The next full moon looks to be on November 23, 2018. My plan is to sit outside on that night and read over these manifestations. Additionally, I am going to look at my lists and script on a regular basis so it sticks with me. In the moments where I question my motivation, I can refer back to my manifestations as guidance.
I am now starting a monthly habits tracker, which I plan on writing about in another post. One of my habits is to manifest for at least 5 minutes a day. If you are still unsure on what it means to manifest, you can watch all sorts of videos on YouTube to get ideas. Of course, it can look different for everyone. It’s a way to get your mind right especially at the beginning and the closing of each day. We all could benefit from that in this hectic world!
So I am going to work on this for November and will post an update in December about the status of my manifestations.
Hoping this practice will help me get back into the mindset I once had. Best wishes with your own manifestation journey if you decide to try it too!
Animals are More than Just a Number To say I’m devastated is an understatement. Here is the shelter “euthanasia” report from Friday (10/26/18): https://www.gwinnettcounty.com/static/upload/animalshelter/reports/2018/10/26/euthanasia.pdf We lost Ludo, Tanner, Latte, Figaro, Dell/Malone, and another dog (64776). To make matters even more sickening, if you look at the …
10 Gifts a Girl Boss will Love Under $30
- Law of Attraction Planner: It’s pretty obvious that a girl boss probably needs a planner to help map out her days, weeks, months, and year. This Law of Attraction Planner is not just a regular planner. It also helps guide you through your goals and staying motivated.
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero: Personally, I have yet to read this book. However, my sister owns it and has raved about it. Plus, it’s one of the top rated self-help books!
- #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso: What better way to inspire a girl boss than gifting her a book titled #GirlBoss. This is another book with wonderful reviews that is sure to inspire!
- Boss Lady Mug: Mugs are always fun gifts because everyone can use them. If the girl boss you’re buying for enjoys coffee or tea, this is perfect. If not, maybe she would just like to use the mug as a pen holder. Either way, it makes for a cute gift!
- Portable Phone Charger: A girl boss is usually on the go, so having a portable phone or tablet charger is crucial. That way, she can get work done almost anywhere!
- Bic Gel-ocity Retractable Pens: I recently used these pens and I HAD to buy some of my own. They write really smoothly, have vibrant colors, and are way better quality than regular gel pens. Everyone needs pens, but a girl boss probably wants pens that are fun and write well. These are the ones to pick!
- Blue Light Blocking Glasses: It’s pretty likely that as a girl boss, she’s on her computer, tablet, or phone a lot. Large amounts of screen time can cause headaches, eye issues, trouble sleeping, and more. With these blue light blocking glasses, the affect of the screen time is less harsh. My sister bought a pair of these and she finds them very helpful.
- Aukey Table Lamp: A girl boss may stay up late finishing work or up bright and early in the morning to start working. So, a desk or table lamp is crucial. This lamp is unique in that it changes colors, is touch activated, and has three different levels: soft, moderate, and bright.
- Wireless Bluetooth Headphones: Let’s be real…this is a good gift for pretty much anyone. A girl boss could use this for phone calls on the go, listening to music while working, or during her workouts.
- Oregon Scientific Projection Alarm Clock: This alarm clock is pretty cool! It projects the time on the wall, tells the temperature, gives accurate time, and has a sleek modern look. A girl boss needs to wake up on time and be places on time, so this definitely can help!
This blog post contains Amazon Associated links.
If you follow those links and purchase the product I make a small profit with no extra cost to you. Thank you for the support.
May 2018 Market Update for Sellers I recently went to a meeting at my Keller Williams office. We watched and discussed some of Gary Keller’s “Vision” speech from this year. This is primarily a discussion about the current market for real estate by looking at …